• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

401k never deducted... can i get it back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daleyjem

What is the name of your state? Ohio

i didn't notice it never happened until i started this new job and wanted to roll it over. my previous employer sent me an email pretty much saying, "oh... oops."

i spoke with a lawyer to see if i had a case and she said since i didn't have anything deducted then it couldn't happen.

i then mentioned that matching was supposed to occur up to 3% from my previous employer and she said that was a different story.

i don't know how much this now changes the case, but the company should've matched me roughly $1,070 had they not screwed up.

i don't want to waste time with a lawyer if i don't have a case.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since a lawyer has already told you that you don't, I'm not sure what more you think we can tell you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">