• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

401k violations, Insurance Violations, even Habitat for Humanity too

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aricci111

What is the name of your state? PA
I work for a Real Estate company in Pa.
Business has been awful, cuts have been made and as a result, I as an Accounting Manager am now the one in charge of our 401k plan, and employee Health Benefits.
I am not a participant in either of these plans.
I am now very much aware that our company has made MANY late deposits with our employees 401k deposits. (Sometimes over a month late...)
We have also recently had our company benefits terminated on 2/29 and after investigation I found that this has happened before without any of our participants knowledge. Our employees pay the majority of the cost of the plan so I was a bit shocked when this came to my knowledge.
We have also as a company taken money off both our Real Estate Agents and Employees for Habitat for Humanity. As a company we have raised over 34k however absolutely none of this money has gone to this organization. Recently several people have asked me for some kind of documentation for their income taxes and I have nothing....

My question...am I at all liable for any of this as the accounting manager now and the one handling these issues? I am not an owner or the Broker of this company.
Should I leave the company first contact the DOL and then hire an attorney? I have absolutely no idea what to do?

Please help :eek:

We have also

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">