• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being denied spousal buyout

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dozersmith

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My wife and and I being denied a spousal buyout of 7500.00 each year meanwhile other couples receive this benefit. Contract language has not changed. I have been told it is something added to contract but no one can locate it. People hired after me are getting this benefit because they were married by a certain date before the language was supposedly changed.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What kind of spousal buyout are you talking about? I've worked in employer benefits for 35 plus years and I've never heard of such a thing, but I may know it under another name. What is the buyout supposed to accomplish, what exactly does it say in the contract, and why do they say you are not eligible?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">