• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my Employer delay my return from FMLA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Todello

I am currently out of FMLA leave and will have a follow up appointment with my doctor on the 8th. I do not know if he will release me to return to work that day, the next or what. If I get a release to return on the 9th, can my employer push that back at all? Or must they allow me to return on the 9th?
Thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am currently out of FMLA leave and will have a follow up appointment with my doctor on the 8th. I do not know if he will release me to return to work that day, the next or what. If I get a release to return on the 9th, can my employer push that back at all? Or must they allow me to return on the 9th?
Thank you.
How long have you been out of work for FMLA over the last 12 months?
Would you normally have been on the schedule on the 9th if not for your leave?

Todello

How long have you been out of work for FMLA over the last 12 months?
Would you normally have been on the schedule on the 9th if not for your leave?
IN the last 12 months? It has only been for about 6 weeks. Yes, I normally work M-F.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As long as you are given a full release they have to allow you back to work. If you are granted only a partial or limited release they may require that you wait until you are given a full release.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">