• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporate Relocation Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jptowns

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I accepted an in state relocation and signed an agreement that I would stay one year with the new employer or pay back the relocation costs. My previous home was bought out by the company, however they did not pay the mortgage off, and have now failed to make the payment, and are incurring late fees. I am not sure if I am even posting in the right thread. I realize you can not see the specifics of the contract, but would this generally be considered a breach of contract on their part and thus allow me to get out of this dead-end job I accepted. 2) What steps should I take to protect my credit rating, and possibly obtain compensation for them wrecking it. (I currently have a credit score above 800).
3) Should I take this to an employment attorney, a contract attorney or ???

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is nothing in the law that would automatically make what you describe a breach of contract. But, as you appear to realize, we cannot interpret a contract we have not read. You will need to show the documents to an attorney versed in contract law in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">