• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

decision forced upon putting myself at risk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bemar

TX

My company currently forced upon me to make a report I was not comfortable with without considering my risk nor distress (being 7 months pregnant). Once report was made to authorities using my name, I was forced to continue with process and according to my company "It was no longer them forcing me." Now I am involved in a serious situation in which I might have to make changes to my lifestyle in order to get some peace of mind and some sleep at night. As far as I know there is no policy in record that states that I was bound to make such report, and probably would have not, if it wasn't for the reason that while I was being "listened to " other staff where already on the phone. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening again? Any advice on what I can do to be listen to?

justalayman

unless somebody held a gun to your head, threatened to take your children, or some other act intended to persuade you to act in some way, you were not forced to do anything.

So, how did they force you to file this apparently dishonest report.

Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening again?
Ya. Don't fill out reports that are not truthful.

Any advice on what I can do to be listen to?
You can't make somebody listen to you. You can make them hear you though. I used to use one of those amplified megaphones to get my kids to hear me. They hated that.

bemar

It was not dishonest and thats where my risk comes in because the information that was told to be was truth and athorities needed to know. Now I was not even given the opportunity to attempt to given information on a anonymous tip, instead my information was given by my company and now I forced to be involved.

justalayman

I have no idea what you are looking for and what you are talking about. If you would care to explain the situation a bit, it might make more sense.

cyjeff

Yeah... you haven't given us nearly enough details.

If you were "forced" to report a crime by your office, that is one thing....

swalsh411

What justlayman said.

Don't expect the volunteers here to make wild assumptions or pull teeth trying to get the full story. If you want advice, plainly and completely state what happened. You don't have to use real names. Don't make us guess what this "report" was or why you can't sleep at night now that you've gone and done whatever it is you were asked to do.

commentator

"Forced to make changes in my lifestyle"?? Too wild to even guess about.

Reported child abuse which resulted in children being removed from home? Suspected abuse or neglect of an older adult? Suspected criminal behavior by co worker? Suspected wrongdoing by employer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">