• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denied vacation time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shann1115

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
Can an employer deny a vacation day for a Dr's appointment? I have had to use vacation days on fridays to take my daughter to a counselor who is only in the office on friday. I have met the limited 4 single friday vacation days and now am being denied vacation time for her to make these appointments.

I also have a surgery schedule on a friday that has been denied, can an employer deny vacation time for this?
thanks
Shannon

shann1115

it is an elective surgery and HR said they would review FMLA. however my appt is this friday for consult and procedure and the Dr will not fill out any paper work until he has seen me.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless FMLA applies, an employer is never required to approve time off, paid or unpaid, of any sort.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">