• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dependent care expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lara_bc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I enrolled in Dependent Care for 2015 (01/2015-12/2015) through my employer. I left the company in June and accrued $2500. I assumed (huge mistake) i can reimburse by December, but when i checked now, the run off period is only a month after i left (which is July). Is there a way i can reimburse now, before end of the year, or need to kiss the money good bye? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I enrolled in Dependent Care for 2015 (01/2015-12/2015) through my employer. I left the company in June and accrued $2500. I assumed (huge mistake) i can reimburse by December, but when i checked now, the run off period is only a month after i left (which is July). Is there a way i can reimburse now, before end of the year, or need to kiss the money good bye? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I am really sorry but FSA accounts are use it or lose it by the deadline, so no. That money is gone. HSA accounts roll over but FSA accounts do not.

ecmst12

If you have receipts from before the deadline, you may be able to submit them now. Call the administrator and ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">