• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee Healthcare contributions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

introyble

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I learned the day of this post, from a colleague, that the Director of Operations decided to increase the employee cost for Healthcare from 20% to 40% of plan premium. Further, the increase was effective immediately and reasons cited were financial hardship. A quick audit of my earning report in fact confirmed the 20% deductions increase began nearly 8 weeks ago. I was given zero written or verbal notice and the lack of communication was explained as it was my fault since I was on vacation. There was absolutely no change in premium cost from the provider. I have found similar topics via popular search engines but all the literature I can find uses the specific terminology of "proposed legislation" and date to 1999. However, the proposed mandates 1.125-2 6 (b)(1) seem to address this issue verbatim. Is there any federal or state regulations which protect employees from this scenario?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">