• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee Redeemed Reward Points w/o Perm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Miha

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

An employee, who is an additional credit card holder under my dad's business credit card, redeemed 172,000 something points (leaving about 2-3,000 points left) over the past few weeks. If she didn't have permission to do this, what course of action can we take? I cannot ask my dad if she had permission as he just past away 2 months ago.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

If she was a signer on the card, probably nothing, but call the credit card company and ask.

I'm sorry for the loss of your father.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You could terminate her employment. Of course, she will probably get unemployment (based only on what you wrote)

Beth3

An employee, who is an additional credit card holder under my dad's business credit card, redeemed 172,000 something points (leaving about 2-3,000 points left) over the past few weeks. If she didn't have permission to do this, what course of action can we take? I cannot ask my dad if she had permission as he just past away 2 months ago.

I'm sorry for the loss of your father. You should speak with whomever is now in charge of running the business since your father passed away. If this employee didn't have authorization to redeem these points and particularly if she used these points for personal purchases, then she certainly can be considered to have stolen from the company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">