• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer dental insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dameonlod

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I am just seeking advice for my situation:

Two years ago my son was born I purchased a medical policy out of pocket on the market place. The policy told me I had to have pediatric dental, I added him to my employer dental policy. This was April 2014, fast forward two years the pediatrician recommends a dental visit I go to schedule a dental appointment to find out that the dental company is not currently covering my son.

I talk to my employer and mind you I have paid for this for 2 years, they state they are retro covering him for the last two years... How can you restore a benefit that was not used and they you weren't paying for, for two years?

Is this legal?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Of course it is. An administrative error was made, they are correcting it.

dameonlod

It seems wrong though because since he didn't go to the dentist there were no bills. They pocketed money the whole time and provided nothing and now it's we back dated it. Well back dating nothing does nothing...???

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You're the one who made the choice to add him to the dental policy back when he was born. You knew when you did so that he wasn't going to have any dental bills for a couple of years. Now that you've discovered a clerical error you don't get to backtrack and say, oh, I didn't really want that. They're going by what you told them at the time and making it right that you didn't get what you asked for at the time.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I am just seeking advice for my situation:

Two years ago my son was born I purchased a medical policy out of pocket on the market place. The policy told me I had to have pediatric dental, I added him to my employer dental policy. This was April 2014, fast forward two years the pediatrician recommends a dental visit I go to schedule a dental appointment to find out that the dental company is not currently covering my son.

I talk to my employer and mind you I have paid for this for 2 years, they state they are retro covering him for the last two years... How can you restore a benefit that was not used and they you weren't paying for, for two years?

Is this legal?
Q4P. Just in case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">