• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final vacation payout and 401(k) contribution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cimerra

What is the name of your state?Illinois

I have recently received the final pay from my previous job, and I noticed that there has been no 401(k) contribution deducted, and obviously no employer match, for the vacation pay I received for unused vacation days for 2005. I asked the 401(k) people, and they said they need to 'research' the subject, then they got back and told me that there is no contribution from the payment of unsed vacation days at separation. Is this really what the law says in Illinois? I was not able to find any reference while searching the web.

Thank you,
Cimerra

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is not a legal question; it's a contract question. What they investigated was not Illinois law (401k's are directed by Federal law) but what your 401k document says. That's what determines what monies have the deductions taken.

cimerra

Thank you very much, it was more a matter of personal curiosity than anything else. I guess if they say it's not included, I have to believe them since I don't remember any of the 401(k) documents I have ever received from them mentioning anything about this issue, one way or another.

Cimerra

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">