• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fmla denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ktaylor80

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ILLINOIS - Isubmitted two Fmla paperwork for my child who has chronic asthma and myself who has chronic asthma and was told I can only have one open intermittent Fmla open case and had to choose which one. Is this legal and correct?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes and no.

You can have an open case on both, so that you can take FMLA for either your own asthma or that of your child. However, you only get 12 weeks total FMLA - you don't get 12 weeks for each of you.

ktaylor80

Yes and no.

You can have an open case on both, so that you can take FMLA for either your own asthma or that of your child. However, you only get 12 weeks total FMLA - you don't get 12 weeks for each of you.
Thank you for Replying I assumed I could only get 12 weeks for both but was told I can omly have one case open and she denied my child's Fmla paperworkand approved mines

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">