• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kentucky employer owes me money for insurance premiums

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

funkymanatee

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
However, I now live in Maryland.

After a 90 day waiting period with an employer (small business) in Kentucky, my boss explained that he would start deducting the premium for my check for a month before my coverage started. This way he would have the money to pay the insurance company.

When I left the company, about a year later, (March 20th, 2006), my boss explained that I would have coverage until the end of the month. (Had a sleep study on the 21st). The insurance denied the claims saying that my term date was the 20th, not the 31st. I contacted the insurance and my former boss on several occasions. He needed to submit a "term change form" but never did. It is then clear that he owes me the premium for the last week of March. I have sent him a letter requesting this and a full months premium because I was paying him in advance. All told it is about $150 pre-tax that he should refund.

Small claims court would require me to travel back to Kentucky, right?
My new company has "legal benefits" but I would feel guilty if they had to pay a lawyer way more than I got back.

Any advice? ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">