• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Late payment to my Simple IRA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Simple Question

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

Over the last 2 1/2 years my boss has been making my payments late and only when i talk to him about it. The first time was six months with out payment. My adviser called me to ask if I left my job because there were no payments coming in. Knowing we were going through a rough patch I asked him to just keep me in the loop. Since then I have had to talk to him 3 times. Normally he makes one payment a month. The last time I talked to him he snapped at me and said he was still in his legal rights. I looked in to the law and found out he was not.
I talked to a board member and they told me to document it, then he paid so I didn't do anything. Now he has not paid for 2 1/2 months so I sent him the following email...

****I was just contacted by the corporate offices of Edward Jones. They informed me that they have not received payment from you since May 2, 2011. That check was for March & April both employee and employer contributions. They notified me that this has happened multiple times in the past 2 years and it is really affecting my account.

$XXXX is being taken out of each of my paychecks for a total of $XXXX per month. With money being taken from checks and not being redirected to Edward Jones multiple times this year, it's now become an ongoing issue.

My account needs to be caught up by paying May and June right away. Then I would like to discuss the payment plan and what can be done to ensure this issue won't continue into the future. *******

So he was all pissed off at me when I came in the next morning. He said “ I got your email and I think that was an extremely poor way to handle that. I know exactly where I stand on my payables. It will get paid.” Then he walked away.

Then he comes up to my office at 10:30 and tells me that another business is hiring a Marketing position and I should apply. He was still upset with me.

So now he wants me to leave. I sent the email to the board member that advised me to document the issue and asked them for advice on how to handle the issue. They still have not got back to me so, they must have went to my boss.

I am scared to go in to work tomorrow. Have I done anything to get fired? It seems like he is in the wrong. I want to know if I have any law on my side on this issue and what you advise to do next.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">