• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pension question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Query1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio. Someone I know who is retired received an offer for a pension payout in lieu of continued monthly payments. The problem is there is a requirement that requires a notarized approval signature of the ex-spouse. The two exes are not on good terms. Is this permission actually required? Is there a way around this ex-spouse signature?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I am not one of the ones who generally refuses to respond to third parties. But in this particular case, I really think the "person you know" needs to be asking the question themselves because the information that will be needed is not something a third party is likely to know. Recommend to your friend that he or she sign up here and ask their own questions, not because I object to third party questioners but because in this specific case I think it's going to be necessary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">