• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PTO Policy Change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ranchhand

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

When I was hired in August 2011, my employee handbook stated that after 2 years, I would be eligible for
2 weeks paid vacation. The handbook also stated that there is a PTO policy, but is non-specific as to
how it is accumulated.

In January 2012, I received in the mail, a calculation of what my PTO hourly rate would be, based upon
my average working hours. It did not specify how many hours I am eligible for on this document. I am "fee for service" employee and I was under the impression, this was a calculation
for my impending vacation pay.

In July of 2013, the company issued a new employee handbook. It eliminates the vacation policy,
and PTO has been limited to full-time only employees. I am part time.

The question is: I still work for the company. Am I eligible for a payout of any accumulated unused PTO?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not under Nevada law. It will be entirely up to company policy on the matter.

FYI, in no state does the law guarantee you a cash out of vacation while you are still employed.

OHRoadwarrior

Apparently according to their policy you accumulated no vesting of anything under 2 years. I suggest you contact HR and clarify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">