• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question Concerning Work Hours and Obamacare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BozWalker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Hi and Sorry if this is the wrong forum. MY question involved NYS, I am a Temp/Peak work who before April 1st could work 40 hr work week.
Now as of April 1st 2015 they limited our hours to 28 hrs for the week and havent said if its due to obamacare or not but people have told me the law was repealed in ny but I cant find the info. Is this an obamacare act or just the school district saving money?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Hi and Sorry if this is the wrong forum. MY question involved NYS, I am a Temp/Peak work who before April 1st could work 40 hr work week.
Now as of April 1st 2015 they limited our hours to 28 hrs for the week and havent said if its due to obamacare or not but people have told me the law was repealed in ny but I cant find the info. Is this an obamacare act or just the school district saving money?
It's your employer deciding what hours they want you to work.

BozWalker

work hours limited to 28 hrs a week

It's your employer deciding what hours they want you to work.
So this legally has nothing to do with obamacare and healthcare the school district is just limiting our working hours to save money? because they said they are also continuing this in sept..

Silverplum

So this legally has nothing to do with obamacare and healthcare the school district is just limiting our working hours to save money? because they said they are also continuing this in sept..
Personally, I am happy to save money in September as well as in June. Maybe the district thinks the same.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The crystal ball is out being recalibrated; the Magic 8 ball is broken and Madame Zuleika has not returned from her vacation. So we have no way of reading the minds of the school district and determining what their reasoning is.

If you want to know why, you'll have to ask them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">