• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocattion payback

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

midway67

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan.

Trying to figure out if i am liable for paying back any relocation money to the company if I quit Aug. 30 this year. I started working July 26, 2010. Two parts of the policy talk about it below:

Under purpose: The relocation must occur withing 12 month of the effective date of transfer. Transfer is described as the first day of employment for newly hired employees.

Under Payback agreement: I understand that the relocation benefits that have been/or are extended by ****** are conditional upon my continued employment with ******** for a minimum of 12 months from the effective date of my relocation.

I moved into an apt. before my first day of work, my items were moved on Aug. 16. I had my closing costs paid June of this year on my house.

No where does it define effective date of relocation. The third party rep told me that the effective date of transfer and effective date of relocation were July 16. I am not convinced that she totally knows, just a hunch. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">