• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Short-term Disability unknown underwriter form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChrisH273

I was in a automotive accident, and I am now in the process of trying to claim my short-term disability from my employer. After contacting my employer they are stating that even though I selected short-term disability from open enrollment I don't have it because I never signed a underwriter form from the insurance company. After contacting the insurance company they stated they are unaware of an underwriter form, and that I have to deal with the employer. There has been no follow up on such a form from my HR department in my 3 years of employment. Instead of getting bounced around what can I do?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Have there been payroll deductions taken from your paycheck for the STD benefit?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">