• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Denied in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

augieboy

My appeal of the Referee hearing on unemployment comp in NC has been dismissed because of late filing ( one day). This is disputable. However, I petitioned the ESC for reconsideration on the basis of error, & extreme hardship. Haven't heard yet! Two questions

1) Has anyone ever heard of a dismissal due to late filing being reversed or reconsidered? I just want my appeal to be heard.

2) If it is not reconsidered by the ESC (and they do have a petition to reconsider stated in their handbook) if I appeal to the Superior Court should my appeal concern only the Dismissal due to untimely filing or the Dismissal plus my appeal of the Referee's Determination.

Thanks for Listening
Stan:confused:

HomeGuru

My appeal of the Referee hearing on unemployment comp in NC has been dismissed because of late filing ( one day). This is disputable. However, I petitioned the ESC for reconsideration on the basis of error, & extreme hardship. Haven't heard yet! Two questions

1) Has anyone ever heard of a dismissal due to late filing being reversed or reconsidered? I just want my appeal to be heard.

2) If it is not reconsidered by the ESC (and they do have a petition to reconsider stated in their handbook) if I appeal to the Superior Court should my appeal concern only the Dismissal due to untimely filing or the Dismissal plus my appeal of the Referee's Determination.

Thanks for Listening
Stan:confused:
**A: why were you late in filing and how long a period did they give you by which to file the appeal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">