• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parked car searched, found mdma, rightful owner didnt speak up.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OHRoadwarrior

Where is it mentioned that OP was on Federal property? :cool:
As I noted earlier, it appears to be Fed property. Otherwise, that ranger might look awfully foolish taking op to court for legally possessing mj and paraphernalia, unless he was only cited for having it in a park.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
As I noted earlier, it appears to be Fed property. Otherwise, that ranger might look awfully foolish taking op to court for legally possessing mj and paraphernalia, unless he was only cited for having it in a park.
It can't be a STATE park with STATE PARK rangers? :cool:

CdwJava

I assume that under WA law if marijuana is legal, then it is legal in a state park as well. I also tend to think this might be a national park or a national forest ... though, that makes it even more curious as to why there was no arrest!

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I assume that under WA law if marijuana is legal, then it is legal in a state park as well. I also tend to think this might be a national park or a national forest ... though, that makes it even more curious as to why there was no arrest!
Can I legally carry around an ounce of marijuana?

According to the recently passed initiative, beginning December 6th, adults over the age of 21 will be able to carry up to an ounce of marijuana for personal use. Please note that the initiative says it “is unlawful to open a package containing marijuana…in view of the general public,” so there’s that. Also, you probably shouldn’t bring pot with you to the federal courthouse (or any other federal property).

Well, where can I legally buy pot, then?

The Washington State Liquor Control Board is working to establish guidelines for the sale and distribution of marijuana. The WSLCB has until December 1, 2013 to finalize those rules. In the meantime, production and distribution of non-medical marijuana remains illegal.

Can I smoke pot outside my home? Like at a park, magic show, or the Bite of Seattle?

Much like having an open container of alcohol in public, doing so could result in a civil infraction—like a ticket—but not arrest. You can certainly use marijuana in the privacy of your own home. Additionally, if smoking a cigarette isn’t allowed where you are (say, inside an apartment building or flammable chemical factory), smoking marijuana isn’t allowed there either.
http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2012/11/09/marijwhatnow-a-guide-to-legal-marijuana-use-in-seattle/

nuckingfub

It was on national forest ground (apparently). The main question I need answered is that if the person who rightfully owned the MDMA confesses in court, will that remove the charge from my record?

OHRoadwarrior

It was on national forest ground (apparently). The main question I need answered is that if the person who rightfully owned the MDMA confesses in court, will that remove the charge from my record?
Most likely it will not. Do you always carry drug paraphernalia that you do not have the drugs for?:eek:

nuckingfub

Also, in response to cdwJava, the ranger found crystals in a baggie, but he couldn't (by the sound of his radio chatter) get a k9 unit to the area. I am under the assumption that they are MDMA crystals, based on what my friend (who owned aforementioned crystals) told me, but the ranger didnt know that at the time. The car was unlocked and parked all night, so any of my camp mates could have had access to the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">