• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 Year old Girlfriend Kicked out by Legal guardian

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eerelations

You really are determined to stay in freakout mode no matter what! Please, for your GF's sake and for your own sanity, just relax and think about something else. This is not an issue worthy of worry.

Francisco_Perez

Don't get to personally involved on your own life.:cool:
Ahaha thanks everyone I can actually breathe now :) Well I guess I we can only hope for the best, but I really appreciate the reassuring facts! You guys make me feel a little more sane, and not have to worry about no cops busting down my door haha!

CdwJava

Oh okay, and no I am not saying I am having sex with her solely implying the possibility of someone accusing me of statutory rape.

Thanks guys
Of course you're having sex with her. However, if she mentions this to anyone, you can be charged with a crime. If you are 36 or more months older than her it would be a felony. If someone - ANYONE - gets mad at you, and you are shacked up together, you AND your parents, and maybe her dad, can all be charged with crimes. Is that likely when she is only about 3 months from 18? Not likely. But, it IS possible.

Francisco_Perez

Of course you're having sex with her. However, if she mentions this to anyone, you can be charged with a crime. If you are 36 or more months older than her it would be a felony. If someone - ANYONE - gets mad at you, and you are shacked up together, you AND your parents, and maybe her dad, can all be charged with crimes. Is that likely when she is only about 3 months from 18? Not likely. But, it IS possible.
Possible? Yes? Likely No? Makes sense....

Anywho update:

We retrieved things from her home, and the sister is just so angry because things aren't going her way, and my girlfriend isn't crawling back to her begging for forgiveness. Now were worried the sister is going to call the cops and say she ran away, she already threatened to call the cops because she left, yet she doesn't want anything to do with my girlfriend? She ignores her calls, and sends her texts saying "If you keep bugging me, I'm going to place a restraining order against you." She communicates through the boyfriends phone, acting as its the boyfriend talking for her.

I Don't know whats up with this crazy woman, or she just might be evil!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Does the child have permission from her other legal guardian (you know...DAD) to be living with you?

Francisco_Perez

Does the child have permission from her other legal guardian (you know...DAD) to be living with you?
Yes, the father which is the other legal guardian can't make it to our location till the following week so he has given her permission to stay at my home meanwhile he comes up here to try and work things out.

Its a 50/50 Guardianship btw

Francisco_Perez

Then this is not a matter of a "runaway"
Awesome that's what I've been figuring, even if she calls the police and says Mary Poppins ran away to live with her boyfriend, the police would most likely call the father or get in contact with the father before wasting their time. I mean that's only a logical guess haha, I just don't understand some peoples ways of thinking haha

Zigner

I think we're done here. Enjoy your pleasures with the child before you ship out :)rolleyes::rolleyes:). Please know that you WILL find out that things are not all rosy. Please do NOT give this child any sort of power of attorney over your affairs while you are gone. Please understand that this child will NOT be there for you when you return from your deployment.

ETA: In case it's not clear, I absolutely do NOT condone this guy shacking up with the child, even under the "watchful" eyes of his parents.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I think we're done here. Enjoy your pleasures with the child before you ship out :)rolleyes::rolleyes:). Please know that you WILL find out that things are not all rosy. Please do NOT give this child any sort of power of attorney over your affairs while you are gone. Please understand that this child will NOT be there for you when you return from your deployment.

ETA: In case it's not clear, I absolutely do NOT condone this guy shacking up with the child, even under the "watchful" eyes of his parents.
Don't forget to wrap that rascal. Twice. :cool:

Francisco_Perez

That's always reassuring...Figures

Francisco_Perez

I would rather her stay with her dad, but her dad can't drive her back and forth 2 hours daily to school, her sister wants nothing to do with her, so that's out of the question. I can't leave her out on the streets, she can't stay at her friends house. It's not that I want to be shacked up with her, but realistically speaking what else is there to do? You guys are making it out to seem like I'm a child loving pedophile out to rape little kids...I Met her in high school, and we started dating now we just have a significant age difference. I hate to be deemed and looked at as someone enjoying pleasures with a child.

Zigner

...but realistically speaking what else is there to do?
Realistically speaking? Her father can step up to the plate.

Look, I know that you feel that you are being her Knight in Shining Armor, but YOU are the one not being realistic here, in my opinion. I blame it on your youthfulness and inexperience in the world. Some would call it being naive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">