• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Baker acted daughter-in-law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

disneygrandma53

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Not sure what category this falls into - I have 2 granddaughters - 4 years and a 20-month old. My daughter-in-law was just Baker Acted today for admitting she has thoughts of suicide. She has been under the care of psychiatrist for about 4 months now. I have worried for a long time about her doing harm to herself and to those precious grandbabies. My son seems oblivous about how to handle anything. The girls are constantly dirty sick and not taken to a doctor and 4 months ago they were left with a drug addict/alcoholic and thought to be missing. I had to call 911 and to this day we do not know if they were outside of the house or not because he was in a stupor and I had no idea he was even supposed to be watching them. I thought the police would involve DCF and I called to find out and was told that since the call was unfounded - the girls were at the house - no report would be made. I was advised to make a call to an abuse hotline but afraid of losing rights to see my grandkids and no one would be able to keep an eye on this situtation. My concern is when their mother gets released. What rights do the children have to be protected from someone who is "unstable." Do I as their grandparent have any rights to implement should the need arise? I am very concerned about this situation.

My daughter-in-law was into drugs as a teen/early 20s and there are still drug dealings going on in this household - although I don't know for sure if she is buying but the tenant they have is.

I have not taken any action as of yet because I am afraid my son and daughter-in-law will not allow me to see the girls and I need to protect them. I feel and have felt that they are in danger and it is getting worse.

I guess I should also tell you that I watch the girls almost daily because of their work schedule. I also work but have arranged my schedule to be available for the girls. So it can be a fight and I technically have also raised those girls.

Desparately need advice on how to handle their protection when their mother is released.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Not sure what category this falls into - I have 2 granddaughters - 4 years and a 20-month old. My daughter-in-law was just Baker Acted today for admitting she has thoughts of suicide. She has been under the care of psychiatrist for about 4 months now. I have worried for a long time about her doing harm to herself and to those precious grandbabies. My son seems oblivous about how to handle anything. The girls are constantly dirty sick and not taken to a doctor and 4 months ago they were left with a drug addict/alcoholic and thought to be missing. I had to call 911 and to this day we do not know if they were outside of the house or not because he was in a stupor and I had no idea he was even supposed to be watching them. I thought the police would involve DCF and I called to find out and was told that since the call was unfounded - the girls were at the house - no report would be made. I was advised to make a call to an abuse hotline but afraid of losing rights to see my grandkids and no one would be able to keep an eye on this situtation. My concern is when their mother gets released. What rights do the children have to be protected from someone who is "unstable." Do I as their grandparent have any rights to implement should the need arise? I am very concerned about this situation.

My daughter-in-law was into drugs as a teen/early 20s and there are still drug dealings going on in this household - although I don't know for sure if she is buying but the tenant they have is.

I have not taken any action as of yet because I am afraid my son and daughter-in-law will not allow me to see the girls and I need to protect them. I feel and have felt that they are in danger and it is getting worse.

I guess I should also tell you that I watch the girls almost daily because of their work schedule. I also work but have arranged my schedule to be available for the girls. So it can be a fight and I technically have also raised those girls.

Desparately need advice on how to handle their protection when their mother is released.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
In addition to explaining what is wrong with your son, Florida has no grandparent rights. You haven't raised those girls. Why? Because the parents are there. Also, why do the children have to go to the doctor's in the last four months? (Immunizations are NOT required.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">