• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Biological father rights to grandkids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stefernie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Dakota

I want to make contact with my biological father, however am concerned that he may want to establish a relationship with my kids (his biological grandkids).

He is not on my birth certificate, i was adopted by my step-father.

I am not interested in introducing him to my children.

Are there any concerns I should consider?

THanks.

cyjeff

There are a host of concerns you should have.

But meeting your children is not one of them. You have absolute control over with whom your children associate.

If you don't want the man that abandoned you to meet your children, say no.

Proserpina

There are a host of concerns you should have.

But meeting your children is not one of them. You have absolute control over with whom your children associate.

If you don't want the man that abandoned you to meet your children, say no.

There was no mention of abandonment here; it could very easily have been a case of "best interest".

stefernie

This was a case of "best interest." It has been over 30 years. I have a few medical questions I would like to ask, and to be honest, am terribly curious as I have never met him.

Proserpina

yes, Its amazing what (or who) you find if you dig on the internet!

He has no legal standing to even attempt suing for grandparent visitation - don't worry about that.

He's not your legal parent. So you can completely and 100000% control how much or how little access you allow.

This is ALL entirely up to you. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">