• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Both parents are unfit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dgeremia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
FLORIDA

I have a four year old granddaughter whose parents are not together and the father received custody. The mother has been, from the loss of custody, has gotten the police and dcf involved by telling lies to gain custody. It has not worked only irritated the judge. Now the mother is attempting yet another try because the father made a mistake and neither one are fit or stable to care my granddaughter. I want to help her but I realize we (as grandparents) have no rights in the state of Florida. Any advice would be helpful.

Antigone*

FLORIDA

I have a four year old granddaughter whose parents are not together and the father received custody. The mother has been, from the loss of custody, has gotten the police and dcf involved by telling lies to gain custody. It has not worked only irritated the judge. Now the mother is attempting yet another try because the father made a mistake and neither one are fit or stable to care my granddaughter. I want to help her but I realize we (as grandparents) have no rights in the state of Florida. Any advice would be helpful.
If you see abuse call DCF, otherwise let Dad do what he needs to do for HIS child.

You yourself said that mom was telling lies to DCF to gain custody.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If you see abuse call DCF, otherwise let Dad do what he needs to do for HIS child.

You yourself said that mom was telling lies to DCF to gain custody.
But she also stated that Dad is unfit and unstable. That's something she needs to elaborate on. As well as why she feels Mom is unfit - just because she doesn't have custody does not make it so.

Dgeremia

There are many aspects of this case. The mother married an abusive man. She has moved around from state to different states and has no place of her own. I want the father to keep custody because he has had custody since she was year old. She is happy with her father but the mother refuses to let things lie and let her be happy instead of wanting to fight all the time.

Antigone*

There are many aspects of this case. The mother married an abusive man. She has moved around from state to different states and has no place of her own. I want the father to keep custody because he has had custody since she was year old. She is happy with her father but the mother refuses to let things lie and let her be happy instead of wanting to fight all the time.
I didn't read anything that indicates that dad is unfit. In addition he is doing what he needs to do to take care of his daughter. I suggest you keep giving him moral support ONLY.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
FLORIDA

AGAIN - WHAT is it that makes Dad unfit and/or unstable? WHAT is the "mistake" he made?

I want the father to keep custody because he has had custody since she was year old.
If he is unfit, as you indicated, that may not be in her best interests.

So.... please answer the question.

Otherwise, ask Dad to create his own account and find out how to deal with his legal issue(s).

ETA - nothing you posted indicated Mom is unfit.

Dgeremia

YES the mother is unfit. She does not and never has the capability of caring for the child. The child comes back from her visits and doesn't want to return because of being mistreated. Her demeanor changes every time she spends time with her mother. She is happy with her dad and he has taken great care of her. I don't want to take her away from her dad I only want to protect her from her mother. Shes been through a lot and I only want her to be happy.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
YES the mother is unfit. She does not and never has the capability of caring for the child. The child comes back from her visits and doesn't want to return because of being mistreated. Her demeanor changes every time she spends time with her mother. She is happy with her dad and he has taken great care of her. I don't want to take her away from her dad I only want to protect her from her mother. Shes been through a lot and I only want her to be happy.
Christ on Crutches! YOU STATED THAT DAD IS NOT FIT OR STABLE TO CARE FOR THE CHILD! Why do you refuse to back that up with anything?

Now the mother is attempting yet another try because the father made a mistake and neither one are fit or stable to care my granddaughter.
sighs...which one is it cupcake, BOTH parents are unfit or just mom?? and even still it makes noooo difference really b/c GPV is a dead stick in FL according to recent news and so on....

how about you worry about helping your son out and making sure he does HIS JOB which is to raise that child IF mom isnt like you say...

dannyt

none

FLORIDA

how do YOU know what mom is telling the police and dcf? i suggest to you to let your son deal with the legal issues concerning HIS child and stay out of it. this is between them and not your business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">