• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can grandparents have same time shared as**************

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluejay75

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
well. guys right now im going into a time shared/child custody with childs Mom. basically :(she is a controlling individual:confused:.
any ways Im a security contractor needless to say Job is dangerous. i have turned down some jobs due to this case. My question Is:
can grandparents (my parents) have time shared during my :rolleyes:deployment/contract?
Im their only son and my child is their only lifeline towards their son.
thanks for your answer.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
well. guys right now im going into a time shared/child custody with childs Mom. basically :(she is a controlling individual:confused:.
any ways Im a security contractor needless to say Job is dangerous. i have turned down some jobs due to this case. My question Is:
can grandparents (my parents) have time shared during my :rolleyes:deployment/contract?
thanks for your answer.
If you were military it might be possible but you are not. You can ask that the court order that they get some time during your deployments.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
thanks for your answer.
Visitation cannot be transferred in the manner you describe (unless Mom agrees), and in Florida they cannot sue for their own visitation order.

Sorry.

bluejay75

If you were military it might be possible but you are not. You can ask that the court order that they get some time during your deployments.
ill see about that court order at least if they get every other weekend.

Visitation cannot be transferred in the manner you describe (unless Mom agrees), and in Florida they cannot sue for their own visitation order.

Sorry.
well child's Mom is not easy to work with this is an on going case for 2 years. im the petitioner.

LdiJ

well child's Mom is not easy to work with this is an on going case for 2 years. im the petitioner.
That is not going to work. In Florida grandparents do not have standing to get court ordered visitation. If a judge were to give them a back door visitation order by ordering that they could exercise YOUR visitation it would easily be appealable.

Perhaps if your parents made nice with mom, she might be willing to voluntarily allow them to see the child while you are away.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess

Do you understand that your idea is probably the fastest way to permanently ruin the co-parenting relationship with Mom? No matter how controlling you think she is, doing this will do nothing except make it certain she'll never, ever, EVER give you a second more than your court order provides.

Of course there's also the possibility that your idea will actually harm the child, too ... but since you haven't once mentioned the child's best interest I suppose it doesn't matter much.

FarmerJ

Tiredness always makes me think of odd things like do you live in the same home as your parents? tonights my so called Friday so its off to bed

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Tiredness always makes me think of odd things like do you live in the same home as your parents? tonights my so called Friday so its off to bed
Tiredness makes you answer threads a month later, too? Good heavens!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">