• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they get grandparent rights a second time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mrshill2013

I live in Oregon and in 2012 my husband adopted our no 12 year old daughter.. In the process it terminated my mothers rights to my daughter which my mother agreed too.. My daughter doesn't want any thing to do with her (narcissistic personality) otherwise she knows how to get a hold of her on her own cell phone. Now we have been no contact since December and I fear she may retry for visitation for her and my 8 year old.. Is it possible to get something you signed away?! Does my almost 13 yr old have a choice to say no... My mother and her husband also won't quit bothering us and say they won't but they don't ask about the kids.. I am an at home mom we have food and clothing we own our home etc... They had also agreed in January to not contact us again.. Do I need to prep for battle?! No they don't have money they are at least 4 years behind on federal and state taxes.. Plus several thousand's in debt from old credit cards.. But her husband makes good money $30 per hour... I on the other hand don't have a lot of money but my dad will back me if needed this time..

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in Oregon and in 2012 my husband adopted our no 12 year old daughter.. In the process it terminated my mothers rights to my daughter which my mother agreed too.. My daughter doesn't want any thing to do with her (narcissistic personality) otherwise she knows how to get a hold of her on her own cell phone. Now we have been no contact since December and I fear she may retry for visitation for her and my 8 year old.. Is it possible to get something you signed away?! Does my almost 13 yr old have a choice to say no... My mother and her husband also won't quit bothering us and say they won't but they don't ask about the kids.. I am an at home mom we have food and clothing we own our home etc... They had also agreed in January to not contact us again.. Do I need to prep for battle?! No they don't have money they are at least 4 years behind on federal and state taxes.. Plus several thousand's in debt from old credit cards.. But her husband makes good money $30 per hour... I on the other hand don't have a lot of money but my dad will back me if needed this time..
Why do you think a stepparent adoption terminated grandparents' rights? (Hint: that doesn't). What does the court order for adoption state regarding grandparent rights?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">