• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Protective Services and drug testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ddenn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?We live in Texas,my daughter's boyfriend recently went to jail for probation violation.While away,his parents posted eviction notice on door for my daughter,and made report with CPS @ drug use.3yr old removed from home without ANY investigation.Boyfriend out,they are trying to get baby back,taken drug test,complying with all requirements.Parents found out I had baby for weekend,now made report against me.I do not have minor children or custody of grandkids.Do I by Law have to submit to drug test?This is a case of parents wanting to control son's life.

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?We live in Texas,my daughter's boyfriend recently went to jail for probation violation.While away,his parents posted eviction notice on door for my daughter,and made report with CPS @ drug use.3yr old removed from home without ANY investigation.Boyfriend out,they are trying to get baby back,taken drug test,complying with all requirements.Parents found out I had baby for weekend,now made report against me.I do not have minor children or custody of grandkids.Do I by Law have to submit to drug test?This is a case of parents wanting to control son's life.
Unless there is a COURT ORDER, then no you don't have to submit to the drug test. But you will not be helping your daughter with regaining custody of her children.
If you can help your daughter with a GOOD attorney that has experience with CPS cases you should do so.

JKBee

If your daughter has been unjustly accused, then there are agencies that can look into the CPS case that are over this agency. Child advocacy is one, and there are a few others. I got the most help finding these from the local supervisor of children's and adolescent's mental health when I was trying to get CPS to look into my granddaughter's abuse and could get no action from them. What really got their attention was when I e-mailed my state senator. That got CPS to sit up and go into action with just one phone call from his office.

Personally, I would jump at the chance to take a drug test to disprove allegations that were falsely made against me. That makes the reporting party loose credibility very rapidly. This is what you want to do, if there is no reason for these allegations.

CPS has too much work to do to answer false allegations. However, since they currently have this child, has this gone to court and the judge agreed with CPS for the continued removal of the child?

Sounds like it is time for your daughter to think of relocating as soon as she can after she gets the child back....

Just Blue

If your daughter has been unjustly accused, then there are agencies that can look into the CPS case that are over this agency. Child advocacy is one, and there are a few others. I got the most help finding these from the local supervisor of children's and adolescent's mental health when I was trying to get CPS to look into my granddaughter's abuse and could get no action from them. What really got their attention was when I e-mailed my state senator. That got CPS to sit up and go into action with just one phone call from his office.

Personally, I would jump at the chance to take a drug test to disprove allegations that were falsely made against me. That makes the reporting party loose credibility very rapidly. This is what you want to do, if there is no reason for these allegations.

CPS has too much work to do to answer false allegations. However, since they currently have this child, has this gone to court and the judge agreed with CPS for the continued removal of the child?

Sounds like it is time for your daughter to think of relocating as soon as she can after she gets the child back....
That is dangerous advice to give. If the mother regains custody and CPS CLOSES the case....THEN a relocation would be advisable.;)

JKBee

I stated "as soon as you can" thinking it would be clear that CPS would have had to close out the case and it would no longer be under CPS' supervision. Of course as long as CPS is involved in any way at all, do NOT move out of their jurisdisdiction!

Its good to have others to clarify what seems clear to anyone who posts here. Just because it is clear in the poster's mind doesn't mean it is clear for those reading these posts.

Thanks for clarifying.

Just Blue

I stated "as soon as you can" thinking it would be clear that CPS would have had to close out the case and it would no longer be under CPS' supervision. Of course as long as CPS is involved in any way at all, do NOT move out of their jurisdisdiction!

Its good to have others to clarify what seems clear to anyone who posts here. Just because it is clear in the poster's mind doesn't mean it is clear for those reading these posts.

Thanks for clarifying.
You're Welcome!!:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">