• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child's junk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jswamp2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My 36 year old daughter left "stuff" on our property last year and I want to get rid of it. Things like a refrigarator, a VW bug shell, a non working go-cart, etc. To me they are abandined and I should be able to just sell, give or throw them away. Can she show up one day and have a case against me for removing her property?
I know this catagory is Grandparents rights, but that was the closest i could find for this question.
John

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My 36 year old daughter left "stuff" on our property last year and I want to get rid of it. Things like a refrigarator, a VW bug shell, a non working go-cart, etc. To me they are abandined and I should be able to just sell, give or throw them away. Can she show up one day and have a case against me for removing her property?
I know this catagory is Grandparents rights, but that was the closest i could find for this question.
John
Send her a letter telling her to come get it. Did she live at the house and left it there for that reason?

jswamp2

Yes. Her and family lived here for a couple of years trying to get their life back together (mostly for free). I couldn't handle the husband's lifestyle and kicked them out.

My daugher said she would come in a month and clear everything out. Since then, husband has been arrested and awaiting trail. 6 months have gone by and i want to clear the "junk" from my property. I already threw away the real junk, but the rest may have perceived value.

Does an answered email count as a letter?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">