• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Controlling Grandma Wants to Sue Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LMAO- nope, I got lots, thanks. Just saying... sometimes, parents get a break and the judge understands. Trying to shed a bright light in a dark, dark, sad, empty pit of despair, that's all.
I agree....just not me, you, rushia....and the list goes on and on....in some some weird ridiculous universe a million times removed do our parallel selves catch a break....:rolleyes:;)

Rushia

You called me honey? :rolleyes:;) ah yes...NY and GPV....lovely combo....but I still feel OH & PA are far far worse...
This is incorrect. NY is absolutely THE worst state for parents in a GPV case now. PA is a very close second and OH is not far behind.

As far as a being a parent on this board who had GPV ordered against her wishes? I believe that would be ME. Perhaps BL (It might have been his stepchildren, I can't recall). While Liandra is currently dealing with A LOT more BS with her mother, she did agree against all of our advice to her order. I never agreed to my order EVER and also got sentenced to 10 days in jail along with a fine for contempt. Now, I am done arguing semantics.

This is incorrect. NY is absolutely THE worst state for parents in a GPV case now. PA is a very close second and OH is not far behind.
Please don't take this the wrong way, it's a VERY GENUINE QUESTION. Could you compare for me the differences between PA, OH and NY? (Please don't beat me, I'm just curious) I know PA law can actually give partial custody to the GP, and Ohio is...umm... generous. I'd love a quick breakdown, or if you just see more caselaw in NY negate Troxel... I'm still learning, too!

Rushia

Please don't take this the wrong way, it's a VERY GENUINE QUESTION. Could you compare for me the differences between PA, OH and NY? (Please don't beat me, I'm just curious) I know PA law can actually give partial custody to the GP, and Ohio is...umm... generous. I'd love a quick breakdown, or if you just see more caselaw in NY negate Troxel... I'm still learning, too!
LOL. No I won't beat you. I am not very vocal on the threads cause I know I am biased. But rather than continuing a hijack of someones thread, would you like to talk via PM? Are you on FB?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Thanks, Rushia - I was just going to ask if muchneededhelp would mind not further hijacking this thread...

Rushia

Thanks, Rushia - I was just going to ask if muchneededhelp would mind not further hijacking this thread...
I don't protest too much as it seems muchneededhelp is wanting to learn. But I'd really still like to take it elsewhere.

However in this thread not one person has addressed the fact that OP and her child lived with the grandmother and then the father moved in with her and the child was there during visitation. From personal experience that IS going to be a factor in whether gramma gets and order or not.

As far as a being a parent on this board who had GPV ordered against her wishes? I believe that would be ME. Perhaps BL (It might have been his stepchildren, I can't recall). While Liandra is currently dealing with A LOT more BS with her mother, she did agree against all of our advice to her order. I never agreed to my order EVER and also got sentenced to 10 days in jail along with a fine for contempt. Now, I am done arguing semantics.
Correct, I did agree to an order HOWEVER based on my specific situation, we all knew something was going to get ordered, I took something I can live with until my child is 18. Which in relation to this thread, proves Rushia's point how the past history WILL most definitely play into a visitation order if it gets that far.

Rushia

Correct, I did agree to an order HOWEVER based on my specific situation, we all knew something was going to get ordered, I took something I can live with until my child is 18. Which in relation to this thread, proves Rushia's point how the past history WILL most definitely play into a visitation order if it gets that far.
LOL, I knew something would get ordered too due to the specifics of my case. I still fought tooth and nail for 3.5 years and 15K in attorney fees and fines.

BL

Russia my GF's case and she did make an agreement . I'm not a legal step Dad but served as his Dad and he called me such as his own father was and still is incarcerated shortly after his the child's birth for 25-life.

Just to remind those thinking about agreeing ,it took many contempts to end the GP's derogatory and emotional harming of the child and attempts to sour him against us .

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, if granted, just tell the kid to take grandma roller or ice skating .. we all know what will happen then.

...but really, I just love old people. They generally speak their minds and say the most outrageous stuff. Now, the old people are coming up to be the hippies of the 60's & 70's .. they are even way further out there. I used to like to talk to old WWII vets who say that younger folks complain too much - that they should have to spend a month in a foxhole next to dead german soldiers etc...
Totally irrelevant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">