• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CPS placed my Grand children in a foster home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No Right to be there?

So I guess I should just roll over and die. Why are people so difficult? This is why so many children are Lost in the system b/c grandparents and other relatives have NO RIGHT!!!

So what should we do then? Nothing...just let them be lost in the system as if no one cares or wants them. Give me something other than I have no right and that there is nothing I can do. How about solutions, options, choices.
Did you read what I wrote? Volunteer to have an ICPC done. Good grief. Your whining is somewhat annoying. YOU HAVE NO INHERENT RIGHTS TO YOUR GRANDCHILDREN. They are NOT your children.

Proserpina

No Right to be there?

So I guess I should just roll over and die. Why are people so difficult? This is why so many children are Lost in the system b/c grandparents and other relatives have NO RIGHT!!!

So what should we do then? Nothing...just let them be lost in the system as if no one cares or wants them. Give me something other than I have no right and that there is nothing I can do. How about solutions, options, choices.
There is a very good reason that parents have the right to decide who to allow and who not to allow around their children.

But that aside, look at this from an outside point of view. You're the grandparents - it would be natural to expect you to allow your grandchild's parent to stop by even if they're the reason the children were removed. Does it happen all the time? Nope. But the risk is present.

The second thing many would look at would be something of an unfair bias against the grandparents because.. well, let's face it. The grandparents raised the parents who are unfit. It's easily painted as a reflection of their parenting skills or lack thereof.

Finally, take a step back. You're in attack mode and you need to calm that and understand what you've been told here.

Can you see where I'm coming from?

Geriward

Did you read what I wrote? Volunteer to have an ICPC done. Good grief. Your whining is somewhat annoying. YOU HAVE NO INHERENT RIGHTS TO YOUR GRANDCHILDREN. They are NOT your children.
Thank you for your advice but no thank you. You don't have to be a jerk about your answers.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Thank you for your advice but no thank you. Stop being a jerk, if you don't like my whining get off this forum. The nerve of you!!!!

Maybe the children are better off in foster care. Who knows. Maybe this was not the right place to get any advice especially from a person as rude and inconsiderate as you are. Some people gave great advice you however are a JERK. And I'm sorry I'm not an expert in this field. I don't have to be an expert and that is why I came here for help. But since I'm bothering you...I guess I came to the wrong place. Grow the hell up and decide that if you don't have any helpful advice don't comment.

So even if I don't have any rights to those kids they belong in a loving safe home not in some foster home alone and away from their family. You don't know my grand kids and you sure the hell don't know me. So please don't comment any more.

Thank you.
In OG's defense, you didn't seem to understand or accept the legal reality. Y'know?

Geriward

There is a very good reason that parents have the right to decide who to allow and who not to allow around their children.

But that aside, look at this from an outside point of view. You're the grandparents - it would be natural to expect you to allow your grandchild's parent to stop by even if they're the reason the children were removed. Does it happen all the time? Nope. But the risk is present.

The second thing many would look at would be something of an unfair bias against the grandparents because.. well, let's face it. The grandparents raised the parents who are unfit. It's easily painted as a reflection of their parenting skills or lack thereof.

Finally, take a step back. You're in attack mode and you need to calm that and understand what you've been told here.

Can you see where I'm coming from?
Yes. I understand what you are saying. Thank you for taking the time out to say it. :)

Geriward

In OG's defense, you didn't seem to understand or accept the legal reality. Y'know?

Reality is accepted now...thank you. I'm going to file what I can file and just hurry up and wait. That is all I can do. My daughter is a screw up and hopefully the courts don't think this is my fault. If they do...god help those kids.

Proserpina

Yes. I understand what you are saying. Thank you for taking the time out to say it. :)

Being a grandparent can be as much a curse as a blessing. Our role is difficult - we want the best for them, we naturally want to step in if there's trouble brewing, and while we are loving on them and showering them with kisses and fairydust (well.... not on the eldest... he's almost 11 and reckons he's too grown up. He'll still sit on my knees though), there is a line in the sand and it's a very clear line from the parents' point of view and sometimes we just step over the line without a second thought.

When there IS trouble, it's hard not to run in with an army and take over and yeah it's a slap in the face to be told it's not our business.

So please don't think we don't understand. We do.

:)

lewispt6

I can only speak from experience

In Idaho, they will speed up the process, or at least they did for us. When my brothers three girls were placed in foster care for the ump-tenth time, My wife and I went to the local CPS. We did the finger and back ground check, we did the home inspection, and took the required CPR classes all within a week period. We were required to do 8 weeks of parenting classes that all foster parents have to take, but they allowed the girls to move in with us before we started the classes because we were family, and took the classes while they lived with us. Maybe each state is different, but it took a total of two weeks before they moved in with us.

Proserpina

In Idaho, they will speed up the process, or at least they did for us. When my brothers three girls were placed in foster care for the ump-tenth time, My wife and I went to the local CPS. We did the finger and back ground check, we did the home inspection, and took the required CPR classes all within a week period. We were required to do 8 weeks of parenting classes that all foster parents have to take, but they allowed the girls to move in with us before we started the classes because we were family, and took the classes while they lived with us. Maybe each state is different, but it took a total of two weeks before they moved in with us.

Please don't post what happens in other states, and other circumstances which are different from the OP's situation. Very different, actually.

Oh jeez, it's you. YOU are probably the last person to give advice, y'know? Stick to your own matter.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Totally not relevant. You were in state. You were not in different states. You have no clue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">