• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody of a 16 y/o in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsocialworker

What is the name of your state? Texas

My son and daughter-in-law recently divorced, and my 16 y/o grandson wants to live with my husband and I. Both parents have been verbally and physically abusive in the past, and also have abused alcohol and illicit drugs. If I hire an attorney to represent my grandson, what are his chances of getting to live with me? The parents are against it.

S

scaredandalone

wont happen without parents consent

since they wont allow it, dont count on it. when hes 18, he can live with you,if he chooses, untill then, whatever his parents say goes.

Shay-Pari'e

Please ignore Scaredandalone, She doesn't know how to read, and has been banned several times from this forum.Stealth gave you the correct answer, if you can prove the abuse,and the drugs, speak to a lawyer.

Nocgirl

Did you bother to report them to police when you knew about the abuse or drugs? If not, then possibly to late to say anything now. You would need a very good attorney to get custody from either parent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">