+ Reply to Thread

Custody After Mother's Death

What is the name of your state?I currently reside in Wisconsin. My son's father and I never married. We share custody of my son but I have primary placement (the father has secondary). We never wrote up a parenting plan and the father more-or-less sees his son 1-2 days a week. My son and I currently live with my parents and I am wondering if it would be beneficial for me to make a will in the event of my death. My son's father has depression and other anger/emotional issues, but is otherwise (on paper), fit to care for my son. However, while I pray that I will not die before my son is grown (he's only 12 months now), if I were to, can I state in a will or other document that I would like primary placement of my son to be with my parents (with my son's father still having visitation). I imagine my son's father would want placement of my son in such an event, but I am fearful of what this would do to my son's emotional development and overall well-being. What can I do? Thanks so much for any help!

You can email me with any comments/suggestions at [email]lilytree4@yahoo.com[/email] or post them on here.

You can't will kids. Unless Dad can be proven unfit after your passing, he'll be first in line for custody.

+ Reply to Thread