• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody papers vs guardinship papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AmberP

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware

My parents have custody papers of there 2 grandchildren, my Brother and his wife ( the kids uncle) has guardinship papers of the kids. My brother talked my mom and dad in to letting them have the kids come live with them, after much thought about it my parents let my brother and his wife take the kids to live with them. The first 9 months were fine the kids got to come over every weekend well now its becoming a problem my parents ask to have the kids almost every weekend and they never let them see them anymore. if my parents knew this was going to happen they would never have let the kids go. Now my parents are going back to court to see what they can do about the kids... even if they can atleast get visitations. the kids have lived with my brother for about 2 years now and before that they lived with my parents the kids are 7 and 8 and they say all the time that they want to live with mom mom and pop pop again. So, we are trying to find out if My parents Custody papers override there Guardinship papers?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">