• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do Grandparents have rights in Oregon?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seedsoflove

What is the name of your state?I have two grandchildren being held in foster care in the State of Oregon. I live in SC. I have been trying to get custody of the 4 year old since he was 18 months old (his first visit into foster care). He is now at foster parent #4 and they tell me he has anger issues. Go figure. My granddaughter is a twin born to a mother who used meth throughout her pregnancy and delivered the twins at 26 weeks. They fought for their lives from the meth abuse and their prematurity. My grandson was returned to his mother in October of last year. He died in December last year of trauma. My son was arrested for murder and found not guilty in a trial. The mother still walks free to visit with the children in foster care for an hour weekly. DHS will not allow me or my son to speak with my grandson, but do give us updates in their physical & mental problems. I was told that grandparents have no rights in the state of Oregon. The politics appear to be what is holding the children in that state. Any idea what I can do? I have talked to attorneys, but their fees are astronomical. Do I wait or do I fight back? :confused:

Last edited:

GrandmaOH

Waiting hasn't gotten you anwhere yet, call a lawyer in Oregon.

What is the case plan for reuniting the children with the parents? Are your son's parental rights being terminated?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">