• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug addicted daughter with small child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

athena123

My sister's daughter is addicted to roxy's and has a 1 year old child. My sister is afraid that the child could come to harm as a result of this addiction. She is trying to find out if there is a way to legally send her daughter to rehab and take temporary custody of her child. She does not want the Child and Family services to get involved because they may take the child. She needs help.

Last edited:

Proserpina

My sister's daughter is addicted to roxy's and has a 1 year old child. My sister is afraid that the child could come to harm as a result of this addiction. She is trying to find out if there is a way to legally send her daughter to rehab and take temporary custody of her child. She does not want the Child and Family services to get involved because they may take the child. She needs help.

Does your niece have a prescription for the medication?

Where is the child's father?

What proof is there that her use of medication is endangering the child?

BL

What is the name of your State ?

Hot Topic

If the sister wants to take the child without CPS becoming involved, it sounds like she's thinking more of herself and what she wants rather than the child's needs. And if there isn't some investigation, it puts a cloud over the allegation concerning the drug. Never encourage anyone to hide anything from the authorities.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">