• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fathers rights against grandparent's rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lutzbradley9188

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
do i as a father have the right to tell my father and step-mother they can not see my daughter that lives with her mother?

Proserpina

do i as a father have the right to tell my father and step-mother they can not see my daughter that lives with her mother?

Nope.

Mom is allowed to have your parents around your child during her parenting time, unless you can show that they represent a threat to your child.

Antigone*

Sure you do. However, let me ask you a few questions.

Do you live with the child and mother? How does mom feel about the child seeing your father & SM?

Antigone*

Nope.

Mom is allowed to have your parents around your child during her parenting time, unless you can show that they represent a threat to your child.
Pro, I answered differently based on the little information he provided us. So until he give us more information it can go either way.

I mean he can say whatever he wants, but it doesn't mean that it will happen.

Proserpina

well nothing really yet. my daughter was born july 15th. me and the mother do not have a problem with my mother seeing our daughter. but do not want my father and step-mother involved in our daughters life.

Oh good lord.

OK, they have no established bond or relationship. Simply say "NO". Set your boundaries, and stick with those boundaries.

lutzbradley9188

Oh good lord.

OK, they have no established bond or relationship. Simply say "NO". Set your boundaries, and stick with those boundaries.
well if i do just say no, my father will try to get legal help to get to see her. and i do not want him and his wife around. and the mother feels the same way

Proserpina

well if i do just say no, my father will try to get legal help to get to see her. and i do not want him and his wife around. and the mother feels the same way

Did you read the link I provided?

If you get served with a suit, come back and let us know.

Until a court ORDERS you to hand over your baby, you and Mom have EVERY right to simply say a big, fat, gigantic "NO".

:)

And please - do NOT be bullied into allowing visitation. Do NOT let them threaten you. If they want visitation, make them go to court and prove their case.

CSO286

Did you read the link I provided?

If you get served with a suit, come back and let us know.

Until a court ORDERS you to hand over your baby, you and Mom have EVERY right to simply say a big, fat, gigantic "NO".

:)

And please - do NOT be bullied into allowing visitation. Do NOT let them threaten you. If they want visitation, make them go to court and prove their case.
Exactly.
Who says you have to take their calls? OR answer the door if they show up on the stoop?

Last edited:

TinkerBelleLuvr

They have NO established relationship with the child; therefore, the CHILD would not be harmed by not having a relationship with them. If you both are in agreement, then JUST.SAY.NO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">