• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frustrated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eekamouse

What I don't get is why OP "respected" the mother's wishes to stay away all these years but now thinks it's perfectly fine to go against her wishes now.

aardvarc

I do not see them anywhere else other then in school. Mother wants me fired from my job. In
the past she has been on drugs. This is not normal thinking, cause we are not harming the boys at all.
The problem is that outside a court order to the contrary, mom gets to make parental decisions regarding who has contact with her children, even denying people who haven't caused "harm". "Harm" isn't an issue here, but rather what MOM wants. She doesn't have to prove that ACTUAL harm has or is likely to occur, mom only has to say "no", and her "no" stands and will be backed up by the courts (under the idea that mom is recognized as being able to decide what is best for her children, and exclude those that she wishes to, right up until there is a court's order permitting contact to the contrary).

Grandma, you're on a slippery slope here. Mom could potentially make job-threatening moves here, so to prevent that, you're really going to have to bite the bullet and be the bad guy and tell the kids that they really shouldn't be coming by against their mother's wishes, until they turn 18. Mom really holds all the cards here and she can bring legal pressure against the school where you will not come out the winner.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Oh yeah You don't seem to know what your doing or saying. You don't know that we helped raise the baby while she was young and pregnant. Who are you to say I don't know the boys nor even helped her too along the way while we took her in to live with us. Your the one who really don't know our situation and what'a
's best for the children. Then why do you think thr boys come and see me at school? I don't tell them to come see me. They come to see me. If anything if Mom doesn't want them to see me .Then she should be the one to control her kids. One of the boys told me in an open conversation he loves to get high and smoke dope. He also gets away from sneaking his girlfrien into his room at night to have sex. What now?:mad:I know more then you think is going on!!!
So you know your grandson who you profess to love gets high and smokes dope and has sex. And you, who respect the mother and profess to love the child, have done nothing to inform mom of the danger your grandson is putting himself in? Yeah. You have no respect for mom, your grandchildren or anyone else. This is about control. You want to be in control because MOM OWES YOU. You are the one who has a vendetta. You don't even comprehend -- oh and as a teacher, you should be reporting the illegal drug use that has been admitted to you to the proper authorities -- the police. But you don't care about that, do you?

Yeah, you should lose your job.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Oh yeah You don't seem to know what your doing or saying. You don't know that we helped raise the baby while she was young and pregnant. Who are you to say I don't know the boys nor even helped her too along the way while we took her in to live with us. Your the one who really don't know our situation and what'a
's best for the children. Then why do you think thr boys come and see me at school? I don't tell them to come see me. They come to see me. If anything if Mom doesn't want them to see me .Then she should be the one to control her kids. One of the boys told me in an open conversation he loves to get high and smoke dope. He also gets away from sneaking his girlfriend into his room at night to have sex. What now?:mad:I know more then you think is going on!!!
Well, OG (who IS a lawyer) makes a good point - you KNOW at least one of these boys does illegal drugs, AND disrespects his mother by sneaking a girl into his room (wait - isn't this basically what your son did by impregnating Mom under your roof? Oh snap!)... What are you doing about THAT? Nothing - just as you are doing nothing about their both disrespecting Mom by disobeying her wishes seeing you. Has nothing to do with them or their well-being. It's all about you. yeah - you're pure as the driven snow.

SESmama

This poster really does deserve to be scrutinized. In several others threads the OP is a mechanic at a factory.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/hiring-firing-wrongful-termination-5/frustrated-550801.html

This posting history is a hoot!

Last edited:

LdiJ

I think that more than one person is sharing this screen name...otherwise the posting hx does not make sense.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Grandma's new thread:

Originally Posted by berdonj View Post

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii,

Hi, I have this situation with my High School Grandson that has been going home to his Mother and blaming me that I am the cause of his grades
dropping. I am a HS Teacher for 13 years now, and the Mother of my Grandson has full custody. He told her I was harassing him in school, and that is why his grades are bad. He later admitted he lied to his Mother. I understand that the Mother is a protective Mother and my Grandson is the youngest. He has an older Brother who is also my Grandson and he tells me everything. I have also been called into the office cause my boss wanted to let me know that the Mother called and doesn't want her children to have any contact with me. I have done nothing but show my love to these boys. So, I told my boss if she doesn't want the boys to have contact with me, then she needs to tell them to stay away from me and not come to my room. They both attend the same HS, that I teach at. So, two months goes by, I don't speak or go near the boys. Then suddenly the youngest Grandson is now telling the Mother more lies about me harassing him and she now wants to put a TRO on me. This is getting ridiculous and it has to stop already. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">