• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting custody of my granddaughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kkirk64

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania
I am seeking custody (or temporary custody) of my granddaughter.
my son and his wife are incarcerated.
She is in on house arrest violation (for drug use)
my son is in for having sex with a minor, and has a alcohol problem.
my son has sole custody of his daughter right now.
she will be put on house arrest for 7 months, and plans on staying with somebody that lives over 50 miles away.
my son still has 6 months to go.
i have guardianship of my granddaughter right now. and have had her for 2 months.(I had her when she got picked up for her house arrest violation)
but I am worried about what will happen to her when my son gets out.
is there anyway I can get temporary custody of my granddaughter until they both are
working and living a safe life?
my daughter in law had her while my son was incarcerated, and was neglecting her (not abusing her).
any help would be greatful.
thank you
Kathy Kirk
[email protected]

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania
I am seeking custody (or temporary custody) of my granddaughter.
my son and his wife are incarcerated.
She is in on house arrest violation (for drug use)
my son is in for having sex with a minor, and has a alcohol problem.
my son has sole custody of his daughter right now.
she will be put on house arrest for 7 months, and plans on staying with somebody that lives over 50 miles away.
my son still has 6 months to go.
i have guardianship of my granddaughter right now. and have had her for 2 months.(I had her when she got picked up for her house arrest violation)
but I am worried about what will happen to her when my son gets out.
is there anyway I can get temporary custody of my granddaughter until they both are
working and living a safe life?
my daughter in law had her while my son was incarcerated, and was neglecting her (not abusing her).
any help would be greatful.
thank you
Kathy Kirk
[email protected]
Guardianship is just as useful to you at the moment as custody would be. It would still take a court action to terminate the guardianship. How can your son have sole custody of the child when he has been incarcerated since the child was born? He also can't have sole custody if you have guardianship.

Last edited:

BL

Guardianship is just as useful to you at the moment as custody would be. It would still take a court action to terminate the guardianship. How can your son have sole custody of the child when he has been incarcerated since the child was born? He also can't have sole custody if you have guardianship.
I re-read the OP's post , and can't see where the father has been incarcerated since the child was born ?

At any rate if your guardianship is by court order , it will take a petition to have it revoked .

You can ask the the petition be denied .

Idori

Neglect is abuse. I hope your granddaughter is doing okay.

Wait, is it your granddaughter who is on house arrest and will be staying with someone 50 miles away or your daughter in law?

How old is your granddaughter?

Last edited:

sjwilkin

Go To A Lawyer Ask Him To Draw Up Papers For You.get Permanent Custody. Get Both Parents To Sign This Protects Your Grandaughter. At Least Until Your Son And Daughter-in-law Straighten Up. My Mom Did This With My Daughter. It Was The Best Thing She Could Have Done. I Now Have One Year Sober And We All My Parents Me And My Daughter Live Together.:) Never Give Up On Your Son Protect The Baby Though;) God Bless

Just Blue

Go To A Lawyer Ask Him To Draw Up Papers For You.get Permanent Custody. Get Both Parents To Sign This Protects Your Grandaughter. At Least Until Your Son And Daughter-in-law Straighten Up. My Mom Did This With My Daughter. It Was The Best Thing She Could Have Done. I Now Have One Year Sober And We All My Parents Me And My Daughter Live Together.:) Never Give Up On Your Son Protect The Baby Though;) God Bless
Why would anyone listen to a person that types in this manner?

Idori

Capitalization should not be used for each word. It makes your post difficult to read and is odd. Good for you for getting sober.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">