• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandbaby zackary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nanasbaby40

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? georgia, my son and his wife, were gonna get a divorce, they are working things out, but the problem is she the wife will not let me see the grandbaby, my son has no problem with me seeing him, but she will not allow it, i have been around him since birth, baby zackary is now 6 months old, i am only asking for 1 weekend a month, and to get to see him on holidays, how do i go about making this happen?:(

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? georgia, my son and his wife, were gonna get a divorce, they are working things out, but the problem is she the wife will not let me see the grandbaby, my son has no problem with me seeing him, but she will not allow it, i have been around him since birth, baby zackary is now 6 months old, i am only asking for 1 weekend a month, and to get to see him on holidays, how do i go about making this happen?:(
You see your grandson when your son is exercising his parenting time.

That's how.

You do NOT have a right to one weekend a month and holidays.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would suggest buying the child's mother a dozen roses (or whatever flower she prefers) and apologizing profusely for any hard feelings that may exist between you. Let her know that you have NO intention of interfering with her family, but that you would LOVE to see your beautiful grandbaby.

Antigone*

You have no inherent legal rights to this child.

In fact the only way you are going to see this child is to make nice with mom.

mistoffolees

Or to see the child on Dad's time, of course - if they get a divorce.

However, as I read it, they're not getting a divorce. "were gonna get a divorce, they are working things out," sounds to me like they've reconciled and are staying together. In that case, Dad has the right to let grandparents see the child every bit as much as Mom does. However, forcing that down Mom's throat might be the straw that breaks the camel's back and might lead them to divorce, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Bottom line is that the grandparent needs to make up with Mom and work out a mutually agreeable relationship with the child. If the parents DO get a divorce, then grandparent can see the child on Dad's time.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

However, as I read it, they're not getting a divorce. "were gonna get a divorce, they are working things out," sounds to me like they've reconciled and are staying together. In that case, Dad has the right to let grandparents see the child every bit as much as Mom does. However, forcing that down Mom's throat might be the straw that breaks the camel's back and might lead them to divorce, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Bottom line is that the grandparent needs to make up with Mom and work out a mutually agreeable relationship with the child. If the parents DO get a divorce, then grandparent can see the child on Dad's time.
Sounds to me like the OP's son is agreeing with, or at least acquiescing to his wife.

Antigone*

It appears to me that if dad wants to reconcile with mom at this moment, he is not going to do anything to anger her. So you're absodanglutely right, Nana's only chance of getting to know her grandbaby is to make nice with mom.

mistoffolees

Sounds to me like the OP's son is agreeing with, or at least acquiescing to his wife.
That's the way I'm reading it - which is why I suggested that trying to get Dad to allow the visitation might upset the fragile apple cart Mom and Dad are building. It could well push them back into divorce.

LdiJ

You don't go about making this happen...not one bit. Even if your son were deceased so that you had actual standing to sue for visitation in GA (which you do not have because they are an intact family) AND you won the visitation case (50/50 at best if you had standing) you would not get a full weekend a month with an infant.

In fact, you would likely lose a case, because an infant would not have the kind of relationship with you where it would emotionally harm the infant if it were severed.

dannyt

no

You have no inherent legal rights to this child.

and that includes keeping your nose out of her and dad's business( ex telling them how they should raise their child) things like that. you had your chance to raise your children you need to let mom and dad raise theirs as they see fit without dad's nosy meddling mother butting in

Antigone*

and that includes keeping your nose out of her and dad's business( ex telling them how they should raise their child) things like that. you had your chance to raise your children you need to let mom and dad raise theirs as they see fit without dad's nosy meddling mother butting in
... A day late...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">