• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandkids in need!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unhappygammy

GEORGIA

I am a grandmother of 3 wonderful children who are now in the custody of the state of Ga. because of my daughter not taking proper care of them and testing positive for drugs. These children are great kids who feel like they have done something wrong because they are locked up and their mother runs free to do whatever she wants. When the children were taken away she told the court that she had no one to take them so they put them in foster care. This was not true as they had me but my daughter did not want me to be aware of her drug use so she chose to tell them they had no one. Today my grandchildren and I are left to suffer the consequences of her actions. They are locked up only to have one visit a week and I am only allowed to call my granddaughter once a week and cannot call the boys at all. The court has given me unsupervised visits with them but I have to jump through hoops to make this happen. I live in SC I am able to get down there every other week on Wed. and Thurs. and if necessary I can go every week. The foster mother will not allow me the phone number so I can call the boys I have to call the case worker who calls on 3 ways so I can speak to them and that is not easy for she has a very large case load. I want to know if it’s possible for the court to take these kids from foster care as they were put there because of a lie. I would take them in a minute they also have an aunt on the father’s side who would have also taken them. She has moved to Ga. in hopes of getting placement of them till things can be worked out for permanent placement. Please everyone except my daughter is being put through a great hardship and the children being the ones to suffer most. We want these children and don’t understand why they are telling us it will take 6 months to do something they have family who loves them and will care for them. Why is my daughter not locked up???????? She has supervised visitation and did not show up on Sat. and this was very hard on these kids at least if they had been with me or their aunt we could have comforted them when they returned home that day and helped them through it. My grandsons are told regularly that they are lucky that there foster mom took them in. That’s a great thing that she does but throwing it up in these kids face is not good as they were not bad and they did nothing wrong there mom did! I think the thing that hurts me most is my grandchildren are being treated like juvenile delinquents instead of children who are in need because of bad parenting. Please help me!

pamoore

AL Grammy - I know your pain - please check out www.grandsplace.com and other kinship care sites - you will find many others in your shoes - they will have a lot of good advise from 1st hand experience.

unhappygammy

Thank you so very much for your kind words I really do appreciate them. I have never in my life felt so helpless so kind words go a long way. Thank you!

LdiJ

unhappygammy said:
The link that was given me is dead could I please hear from others who can help. Thanks!
You really need an attorney to help you navigate these waters.

Laura

wmhazlett

Help unhappy gammy georgia

unhappygammy said:
GEORGIA

I am a grandmother of 3 wonderful children who are now in the custody of the state of Ga. because of my daughter not taking proper care of them and testing positive for drugs. These children are great kids who feel like they have done something wrong because they are locked up and their mother runs free to do whatever she wants. When the children were taken away she told the court that she had no one to take them so they put them in foster care. This was not true as they had me but my daughter did not want me to be aware of her drug use so she chose to tell them they had no one. Today my grandchildren and I are left to suffer the consequences of her actions. They are locked up only to have one visit a week and I am only allowed to call my granddaughter once a week and cannot call the boys at all. The court has given me unsupervised visits with them but I have to jump through hoops to make this happen. I live in SC I am able to get down there every other week on Wed. and Thurs. and if necessary I can go every week. The foster mother will not allow me the phone number so I can call the boys I have to call the case worker who calls on 3 ways so I can speak to them and that is not easy for she has a very large case load. I want to know if it’s possible for the court to take these kids from foster care as they were put there because of a lie. I would take them in a minute they also have an aunt on the father’s side who would have also taken them. She has moved to Ga. in hopes of getting placement of them till things can be worked out for permanent placement. Please everyone except my daughter is being put through a great hardship and the children being the ones to suffer most. We want these children and don’t understand why they are telling us it will take 6 months to do something they have family who loves them and will care for them. Why is my daughter not locked up???????? She has supervised visitation and did not show up on Sat. and this was very hard on these kids at least if they had been with me or their aunt we could have comforted them when they returned home that day and helped them through it. My grandsons are told regularly that they are lucky that there foster mom took them in. That’s a great thing that she does but throwing it up in these kids face is not good as they were not bad and they did nothing wrong there mom did! I think the thing that hurts me most is my grandchildren are being treated like juvenile delinquents instead of children who are in need because of bad parenting. Please help me!
I posted a reply to you posting I am a new member and not familiar with this site yet.

wmhazlett

unhappygammy said:
GEORGIA
I am new to this site and have not figured it out yet! Anyway go to the home page and look at my posting in regard to your post I think we can help you we have been through this. wm hazlett

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">