• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandma ordered to a Suitability Interview

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Flotus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Cali, So, GM is trying to get the court to let her supervise the visits between my soon to be exhusband and daughter. I told the court she does not have a relationship with child, she is a third party to divorce, we don't communicate and haven't in a year and a half, she has harassed me via emails behind the restraining order after I filed the police report against my husband and after I returned from court obtained a restraining order.

Can anyone tell me how the suitability report could impact the judge's decision.
I know it could go either way, but I'm curious to know if some of you have experience with this. I won't see the report until next week because of my work schedule.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Cali, So, GM is trying to get the court to let her supervise the visits between my soon to be exhusband and daughter. I told the court she does not have a relationship with child, she is a third party to divorce, we don't communicate and haven't in a year and a half, she has harassed me via emails behind the restraining order after I filed the police report against my husband and after I returned from court obtained a restraining order.

Can anyone tell me how the suitability report could impact the judge's decision.
I know it could go either way, but I'm curious to know if some of you have experience with this. I won't see the report until next week because of my work schedule.
Most likely the suitability report would have a significant impact on the judge's decision, unless you are successfully able to argue that she would not be a proper supervisor.

Isis1

Most likely the suitability report would have a significant impact on the judge's decision, unless you are successfully able to argue that she would not be a proper supervisor.
and quite honestly, unless you can prove the grandmother would allow dad to be a danger to the child and not intervene for the child's safety, it would be better for the grandmother to be the supervisor. it's that or a complete stranger who still will never have a relationship with the child. and from the sounds of it, that supervisor shouldn't be you.

LdiJ

and quite honestly, unless you can prove the grandmother would allow dad to be a danger to the child and not intervene for the child's safety, it would be better for the grandmother to be the supervisor. it's that or a complete stranger who still will never have a relationship with the child. and from the sounds of it, that supervisor shouldn't be you.
I agree with this, but there is a chance that grandma might not pass the suitability review. If grandma was foolish enough to harass mom about the restraining order then its possible that grandma is in some serious denial. If the evaluator senses that grandma is in denial or grandma says anything that indicates that she is in denial, its unlikely that the evaluator would recommend her as a supervisor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">