• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandmother trying to take away fathers visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harleyanddavey

What is the name of your state? Delaware. My husband has joint custody of his 9 year old daughter. We have her every other weekend and 5 weeks in the summer. He has had a rocky relationship with his parents for years (past physical and emotional abuse as a child) He has tried many times to reconcile with them but something always happens. He has finally given up on having a relationship with them. The grandparents are in contact with my husbands ex and they see his daugher thru her. We were taking her to a dance class every Weds. last year until there was an argument with the ex. We were told we couldn't take her anymore. My husbands daughter told us she didn't want to go anymore. We ended up finding out 6 months later that the grandparents continued to take her every Weds. (my husbands daughter never told us) My husband called his parents up and demanded to know why they we doing this behind his back and having her lie to us about it. After that phone call the grandmother filed a petition saying she wants to take some of our visitation away to see her. Does she have a chance of winning?

snostar

harleyanddavey said:
What is the name of your state? Delaware. My husband has joint custody of his 9 year old daughter. We have her every other weekend and 5 weeks in the summer. He has had a rocky relationship with his parents for years (past physical and emotional abuse as a child) He has tried many times to reconcile with them but something always happens. He has finally given up on having a relationship with them. The grandparents are in contact with my husbands ex and they see his daugher thru her. We were taking her to a dance class every Weds. last year until there was an argument with the ex. We were told we couldn't take her anymore. My husbands daughter told us she didn't want to go anymore. We ended up finding out 6 months later that the grandparents continued to take her every Weds. (my husbands daughter never told us) My husband called his parents up and demanded to know why they we doing this behind his back and having her lie to us about it. After that phone call the grandmother filed a petition saying she wants to take some of our visitation away to see her. Does she have a chance of winning?
No, nope, none at all. Did your husband have court ordered visitation on Wednesdays? Being put in the middle creates trauma for the child, he should discuss it with his ex.

LdiJ

harleyanddavey said:
I agree with Snostar. Also, if dad has a court order for visitation on Wednesday nights, then dad needs to file contempt against mom. If dad doesn't, then he ought to file for a modification to get more visitation time.

S

scaredandalone

grandma has no standing

no, she is not a party to the visitation, nor does she have any standing to have the visitation reduced. only the mother does.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

scaredandalone said:
no, she is not a party to the visitation, nor does she have any standing to have the visitation reduced. only the mother does.
Kelly! Here is your profile idiot. You claim to be twelve years old and pregnant by your rapist.

Poster, Ignore Scaredandalone, she is only 12 years old.

Additional Information Group Memberships
Birthday:
August 17, 1993
Biography:
middle school student in nyc
Interests:
spending time with my bf kevin, pro wrestling, hanging out with friends
middle school student

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">