• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandmother violating No contact order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AngelAura7

I live in Ohio
My ex husband has a no contact order,due to molesting my oldest daughter from my first marriage:eek:. His mother has visitation of my youngst daughter(only child i had to him). This last Sunday grandma was visiting and vidieo recorded and took pictures of all my kids (including my daughter her son molested) She procede to text and send her son the pics and videos (this was seen by my two oldest daughters,that were sitting on each side of her on my couch)He was texting grandma in responce to the pics and video too! is there any way to get her visitation revoked for this? i'm VERRY uncomfortable with a child molester having my children's pictures and video of them!!!!:mad:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in Ohio
My ex husband has a no contact order,due to molesting my oldest daughter from my first marriage:eek:. His mother has visitation of my youngst daughter(only child i had to him). This last Sunday grandma was visiting and vidieo recorded and took pictures of all my kids (including my daughter her son molested) She procede to text and send her son the pics and videos (this was seen by my two oldest daughters,that were sitting on each side of her on my couch)He was texting grandma in responce to the pics and video too! is there any way to get her visitation revoked for this? i'm VERRY uncomfortable with a child molester having my children's pictures and video of them!!!!:mad:
Why did grandma end up with a visitation order? What evidence do you have that he was sent pics? How old are your daughters?

AngelAura7

grandmother violating no contact order?

The judge granted grandma supervised visitation(must be supervised by me) the only ev. i have is that of my 15 yr. old daughter and my 11 yr. old daughter seeing what was being sent on the grandmother's cell phone and the text she got from her son! i know in some cases,the phone records can be traced,but not sure about text and pictures/video on cell phones? also...visitation was orderd with the promise(by grandma) that her son wld have "no contact" during the visits! the judge said it wld be in the best intrest of my daughter to know her roots! i faught,but grandma won!

Last edited:

sandyclaus

I live in Ohio
I can understand your discomfort, but... it's not like Grandma is sneaking her son in for visits with the kids. She is only taking video and pictures. Dad may have a no-contact order, but that doesn't mean he can't see photos and videos of the kids, only that he can't take them himself.

What Dad does with those photos and videos alone in the privacy of his own space is up to him, I would think. Of course, if he is intentionally manipulating his mom to provide the pics and videos for his personal "spank fuel" (for lack of a better word), then take both Dad and Grandma back to court - Dad, to prevent him from using others to try to get info on the kids, and Grandma, to prevent her from facilitating the sharing of information about the kids with him. Not sure if that'e even possible, but it's certainly worth a shot.

AngelAura7

Thank you for your reply!
What worries me is....she took pictures of my oldest daughter that he molested (she had no buisness doing so),as she is not my oldest daughter's grandma(only my youngest daughter's) and he is not my oldest daughter's father! He molested her and in no way should he have pictures of her!!
forgive me for seeming uptight (i am),but this man was never sent to prison for what he did to my daughter (from age 7-10) even though we pressed charges and she passed a polygraph!

AngelAura7

Actually...i am to give some privacy(says i have to in the order)! I was in the kitchen (next to living room) when the pictures/videos was taken!

sandyclaus

Actually...i am to give some privacy(says i have to in the order)! I was in the kitchen (next to living room) when the pictures/videos was taken!
Did Grandma have a digital camera or video camera with her when she went into the living room with the kids? That would have been my first clue something was up.

Privacy doesn't always mean you have to leave them totally and completely alone. It just means that you leave them be while they are together. Even if that means you have to stay across the room while it happens. But under the circumstances, I would MOST DEFINITELY NOT allow them to be in a room separate from you unless I knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

AngelAura7

no,grandma had her cell phone and my girls said she took video on that,as well as the pictures! indeed if i seen a video camra it would have sparked a red flag!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
no,grandma had her cell phone and my girls said she took video on that,as well as the pictures! indeed if i seen a video camra it would have sparked a red flag!
Did you mention anything to grandma about it? As supervisor, you are responsible for stopping such conduct. Why is your child that was molested at this woman's house because the court could not have ordered visitation with HER?

AngelAura7

grandma was at my/my children's home visiting! i didn't know about it,till grandma left and my girls told me about it! Though courts know about the grandfather shoving my son across a room,they allow him to come to the visits(he is not my daughter's bio. grandfather,just now married to grandma) and if i were to confront grandma (if i wld have known earlyer) he verry likely would have gotten violant! i asked the courts,when they granted visitation for a court offical to supervise (felt safer that way) but they refused and left it to me!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
grandma was at my/my children's home visiting! i didn't know about it,till grandma left and my girls told me about it! Though courts know about the grandfather shoving my son across a room,they allow him to come to the visits(he is not my daughter's bio. grandfather,just now married to grandma) and if i were to confront grandma (if i wld have known earlyer) he verry likely would have gotten violant! i asked the courts,when they granted visitation for a court offical to supervise (felt safer that way) but they refused and left it to me!!
What EXACTLy (without names) does the court order state regarding visits? How does the court order allow grandpa who just married grandma to come to visits? He was not a party to the suit, correct? Did you object to the court order?

AngelAura7

ohhhh i did object and fight i did! none of it makes any sence to me at all! i told them he was not her grandfather,but they said there was an astablished relationship as such! forgive my spelling

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">