• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandparent rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommyof4

but my husband is the biological grandfather and should have some rights to his grandchild
Regardless of what you think Gramps SHOULD have, the fact is that he doesn't.

You are all so out of line that I am actually left speechless. :mad:

Proserpina

i am surprised at all the hostility here. my intent was never to treat the child as a possession. i wanted to know how others would handle a bad situation. i am aware i have no rights here as i am not a blood relative. but my husband is the biological grandfather and should have some rights to his grandchild. we are participating when we can - the grandchild will begin school kindergarden this year and we bought all her school supplies and clothes for school. we will continue to participate monitarily as the ex-wife grandmother will allow. i agree with most of the comments that the father has legal rights to the child but we cannot force him to take a child he doesn't want anything to do with. i am concerned that the grandmother is reducing the child's family as she sees fit by not allowing visitation by either the mother's or father's family. it is a sad situation and i will continue to fight for the rights of the child and grandfather. thank for your input everyone.
You know what's really sad about this?

The fact that you are more concerned about Grandpa's "rights" (which, in case you missed it, are non-existent) than you are about the welfare of this child. That is sad - it's tragic, it's cruel and it's just inherently wrong.

Unfortunately it appears you're entirely too wrapped up in a misguided and grossly mistaken sense of entitlement to even vaguely contemplate what might be right for this child.

If by some miracle Dad does come across this site, he'll have the best the internet has to offer in terms of advice on how to keep his child safe from you and your family.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">