• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandparent rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ditay665

What is the name of your state North Carolina with grandchildren in Flordia. Do we have any rights to legally obtain rights to see and talk with our grandchildren?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state North Carolina with grandchildren in Flordia. Do we have any rights to legally obtain rights to see and talk with our grandchildren?

Grandparents rights in Florida are virtually non-existent.

The only rights you would have would to be extremely nice to the parents, and hope they'll let you have contact.

Totally not relevant legally but why oh why do people feel the need to become confrontational and SUE THEIR own children??

From the perspective of a parent who has been sued and from the opinions of other parents on her who have been sued, Its either one of two things:

1-the parent is being a jerk and is using the kids to punish you, I do not condone that or agree with that from a moral/ethical standpoint BUT legally, that is my right to decide who can or cannot be around my child and the government has NO RIGHT to interfere with my parenting short of blantant and proven abuse neglect or some other VERIFIABLE UNFITNESS.

2-YOU are being the jerk and there is a reason the the parent does not want you around.

Which one is it? THAT is the question that requires a honest truthful answer.

I can say with certaintly,99999999999999999999999999999999.9999999999999999999999% of GPV suits are because someone is trying to control someone or its because one of the parties is just being a horse's rear end.

But to reiterate, FL is a wonderful state that NO GPV suits will go through 9 times out of 10.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">