• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparent Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elsabiopr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS.
My daughter is 21 yrs of age and living in Texas; she had a baby and the alledge father is refusing to take a DNA test and give his name to the baby. What can I do as a Grandparent in this matter?

dannyt

stay out of it

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS.
My daughter is 21 yrs of age and living in Texas; she had a baby and the alledge father is refusing to take a DNA test and give his name to the baby. What can I do as a Grandparent in this matter?
butt out. this is between your daughter and the child's father, and doesnt legally concern you. you have no standing to do anything.let your daughter deal with the man she choose to be her child's father.

Just Blue

butt out. this is between your daughter and the child's father, and doesnt legally concern you. you have no standing to do anything.let your daughter deal with the man she choose to be her child's father.
Kelly...Could you get a new cookie cutter please? Thanks.:rolleyes:

Just an FYI to the OP: "danny" claims to be a 16 yo "dad". We believe "he" is a 40 year old nut job from Texas that lost custody of her son due to her nasty self. ;)

Last edited:

NellieBly

It is unwise to name a baby after someone who apparently wants nothing to do with him.

If she sues him for child support, the court can order him to take a paternity test. If he refuses, then he is considered the father.

Proserpina

It is unwise to name a baby after someone who apparently wants nothing to do with him.

If she sues him for child support, the court can order him to take a paternity test. If he refuses, then he is considered the father.

It is unwise to resurrect a thread like this.

There is also no guarantee that refusal will automatically end up with a declaration of paternity.

It is unwise to resurrect a thread like this.

There is also no guarantee that refusal will automatically end up with a declaration of paternity.
It won't, to my knowledge. Aside from marriage or signing a PA, I'm not aware of any state that would. In my state they are legal consequences for refusing a court-ordered paternity test, but it certainly doesn't result in declaration of paternity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">