• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparent Rights In Arkansas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

froggernancy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Arkansas?

I am currently in the process of researching the laws in Arkansas on Grandparent Rights. I do know that our law states that in some situations a judge will grant visitation rights. My question is, we are trying to find the forms to do this. I know we will need the initial petition to start such a case and then after a hearing then the rest can be drafted by an attorney. We can afford very little, but I am knowledgeable of the law and proceedings to do most of this myself. So if anyone knows where I can get a copy of this form without having to pay for it, I would be greatly appreciative.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Arkansas?

I am currently in the process of researching the laws in Arkansas on Grandparent Rights. I do know that our law states that in some situations a judge will grant visitation rights. My question is, we are trying to find the forms to do this. I know we will need the initial petition to start such a case and then after a hearing then the rest can be drafted by an attorney. We can afford very little, but I am knowledgeable of the law and proceedings to do most of this myself. So if anyone knows where I can get a copy of this form without having to pay for it, I would be greatly appreciative.
There are no pre-made forms available for a case like that. Each situation is too unique. Winning a gpv case without an attorney is next to impossible.

Before you do anything else, read the USSC Ruling in Troxel vs Granville, and then see if you really think that you should be doing this.

If you file, and lose, you will lose any chance of ever seeing your grandchild(ren) ever again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">