• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparent visitation rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

papas

Arizona--I have joint custody of my 8yr old son with his mom. I have him every night and every other weekend. I am very active in his life and take pride in raising him. I make sure he understands the importance of education,responsibility, and accountability. I always volunteer to coach whatever sport he plays. To sum it up, he is my PRIDE and JOY. Because I have joint custody and the fact that my mom wants to spend time with him, the drop off point has been my mom's house for the past 6yrs. When my son's mom goes to work(she works nights) she drop's him off at my mom's house and I pick him up and take him home. I work overtime everyday and depending on how late I work either pick him up a little after he is dropped off or I am there a little before he gets there. My mom told me she is going to take his mom and I to court for grandparental vistition rights if I don't let her see him. Does she have a a case? Doesn't she need to prove that harm will occur to my son in the absence of visitation?

LdiJ

Arizona--I have joint custody of my 8yr old son with his mom. I have him every night and every other weekend. I am very active in his life and take pride in raising him. I make sure he understands the importance of education,responsibility, and accountability. I always volunteer to coach whatever sport he plays. To sum it up, he is my PRIDE and JOY. Because I have joint custody and the fact that my mom wants to spend time with him, the drop off point has been my mom's house for the past 6yrs. When my son's mom goes to work(she works nights) she drop's him off at my mom's house and I pick him up and take him home. I work overtime everyday and depending on how late I work either pick him up a little after he is dropped off or I am there a little before he gets there. My mom told me she is going to take his mom and I to court for grandparental vistition rights if I don't let her see him. Does she have a a case? Doesn't she need to prove that harm will occur to my son in the absence of visitation?
I am confused...apparently your mother is seeing him a little bit every day. What is it that she wants? What is going to be changing that is causing her to ask for this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">